Thank you to all the wonderful writers who entered their novels in this year’s First Novel Prize.
The following manuscripts have been shortlisted for the 2017 Prize:
- Ali Thurm – The Quiet Water Spy
- Annetta Berry – The Binding Frame
- Mark Brandi – Frankie
- John Simons – Sacrificial Lions
- Sherry Rankin – Strange Fire
- Carolyn Kirby – Half of You
- Susan Hatch – The Second Son
- Gail Egan – Deep Water
- Cam Terwilliger – Yet Wilderness Grew in my Heart
- Warwick Cairns – The Master Thief
Congratulations to all shortlistees!
‘Judging a fiction competition is never easy, but this year was even harder because the quality of the entries was exceptionally high,’ Lorena Goldsmith said on behalf of the judges. ‘We have some tremendously strong manuscripts on this year’s shortlist and I’m looking forward to choosing the winners with Darcy and Robin by the end of July.’